2021 International Plumbing Code®
The IPC provides minimum regulations for plumbing facilities and provides for the acceptance of new and innovative products, materials, and systems. In October 2019, the Code Council released an independent study comparing model plumbing codes. It found that over a 12-year period, counties using the IPC saved $38 billion in construction costs, emitted 1,000,000 fewer tons of carbon dioxide, saw an additional 166,000 jobs, and saved 880 million feet of pipe. On average, a single-family home could save up to $4,000 in labor, materials and overhead compared to that same home built to other codes. To learn more about the IPC’s impact on construction, the economy and the environment, read the full report at www.iccsafe.org/IPC.
Important changes in the 2021 IPC include:
- Multiple-user toilet facilities to serve all genders are now permitted.
- Two new methods for relining/rehabilitation of existing sewers are added.
- Accommodations for mounted roof top solar panels over vent terminals is added.
- CSA B805/ICC 805 Rainwater Harvesting Systems is allowed as an alternative design method.
- Plumbing provisions from ICC A117.1-2017 Standard for Usable and Accessible Buildings and Facilities are now included.
|978-1-60983-962-8 (soft cover edition) / 978-1-60983-963-5 (loose leaf edition)