Wind Simple v2.0 - ASCE 7 Simplified Wind Design
Wind Simple is an intuitive computer program that implements the simplified procedure included in ASCE 7-10 and ASCE 7-16 that applies to enclosed buildings having a mean roof height up to 160 ft that meet the limitations in Part 2 of Chapter 27 in ASCE 7 for main wind-force resisting systems (MWFRS) or Part 4 of Chapter 30 for components and cladding (C&C). Wind Simple takes the design pressures from the applicable tables and sections within ASCE 7, automates the multiple interpolations that are involved, calculates the required adjustment factors, and provides all the results in a series of clear and simple tables and colorful illustrations. Provide the basic wind speed, exposure category, mean roof height, building plan dimensions, and roof type and slope and Wind Simple will provide MWFRS and C&C design pressures for all wall and roof zones. That's all it takes! Wind Simple does it all:
- Calculates MWFRS and C&C design pressures on wall and roof.
- Calculates MWFRS and C&C design pressures on roof overhangs..
- Calculates MWFRS and C&C design pressures on parapets..
- Calculates MWFRS and C&C design pressures and wind forces at each level of the building..
- Provides option to include the effects of the internal pressure on the MWFRS wall pressures..
- Applies the effective area reduction factor for C&C pressures..
- Calculates the topographic effect factor, Kzt..
- Provides feedback on the input values as you enter them and guides you through the input process with tips and on-screen messages..
- Provides the design wind pressures for each applicable zone of the building in clear and concise tables..
- Documents the calculations in clear and attractive PDF report..
It's just that easy! Wind design, truly, has never been as simple as this!
Download Wind Simple v2.0 from the link below. If you have not purchased a license yet, you can run the program in Trial mode for 14 days, allowing you to get a feel for how the program works. All features of the program is available in the trial mode. Check the “More Information” tab on this page to learn how to activate the trial on a computer.
After you have purchased the program, you will receive your license activation information in an email.
Software: Microsoft .NET Framework 4
Q1. How does the license work?
A1. Wind Simple v2.0 license is administered online by our license server, and the computer running Wind Simple v2.0 will need to be connected to the internet. When the program is opened, it will automatically connect to our license server and look for an available license associated with the user. If a license is available, the program is activated. Once the program is closed, it automatically returns the license, which can then be used by someone else in the office.
A2. Yes, you can explore all features of Wind Simple v2.0 for 14 days before purchasing the program. You will receive a prompt when you launch the program for the first time. Activate your trial by typing in your email address in the space provided and then clicking “Start Trial”. The email address is needed only for the purpose of locating your trial license on our license server in case you require any assistance with the trial. Be assured it will not be used for any other purpose.
|Author:||S. K. Ghosh Associates LLC|