2006 IBC Wind Design Provisions
SKGA is pleased to announce the availability of the WIND DESIGN PROVISIONS OF THE NEW CA BUILDING CODE (2006 IBC) SEMINAR on DVD. Making our one-day live seminars available on DVD is one way we are trying to get needed information to all corners of California. This one-day seminar was taped in San Francisco in November 28, 2007. It is designed to help California code users make the difficult transition from the simplified ASCE 7-88 to the unsimplified ASCE 7-05 wind design provisions, and comparisons are made with the 1997 UBC. This seminar considers the fundamentals of structural design necessary for each building to withstand the damaging forces induced by high winds. The meteorological (including climatological) aspects of wind, as well as aerodynamic aspects of wind flow around buildings, are explained. The following examples are presented during the seminar:
1) Design of low-rise main wind force-resisting system using ASCE 7-05 Simplified Procedure (Method 1),
2) Design of low-rise main wind force-resisting system using ASCE 7-05 Analytical Procedure (Method 2)
3) Design of components and cladding of low-rise building using ASCE 7-05 Simplified Procedure
4) Design of high-rise main wind force-resisting system using ASCE 7-05 Analytical Procedure
5) Design of components and cladding of high-rise building using ASCE 7-05 Analytical Procedure
The seminar is taught by Dr. S.K. Ghosh, highly acclaimed speaker and author on seismic- and wind-related issues and concrete design, with a segment taught by Susan Dowty, S.E., Project Manager for S.K. Ghosh Associates Inc.
Wind seminar workbook Included with the 4 disk DVD set (approximately 6 hours and 50 mins)
Different states have different requirements and regulations concerning acceptance of PDH credits for self-taught classes. For self-taught courses, which include viewing of DVDs, please check with the states where you are licensed. For instance, in the State of Oregon, the Oregon State Board of Examiners for Engineers and Land Surveyors (OSBEEL; www.osbeels.org ) allows up to 6 PDHs for viewing DVDs like ours.
|Speakers||S. K. Ghosh, Ph.D. and Susan Dowty, S.E.|