RTWall - Design of Concrete and Masonry Retaining Walls
RTWall is an easy-to-use computer program for analyzing masonry and reinforced concrete cantilever and restrained retaining walls. RTWall checks the wall and footing for strength and stability under a variety of loading conditions including soil, water, dead, live, wind, and seismic loads in accordance with the provisions of the 2021, 2018, 2015, 2012 and 2009 editions of the International Building Code.
- Incorporates stability, strength and detailing requirements of the 2021/2018/2015/2012/2009 IBC, the 2014/2011/2008 editions of ACI 318, and the 2019/2016/2013/2011/2008 editions of the MSJC masonry code.
- Supports cantilever and restrained (up to 5 points of restraint) walls).
- Supports concrete and masonry walls.
- Soil pressure can be specified as Equivalent Fluid Pressure (EFP), or determined by Coulomb or Rankine method.
- Incorporates uniform, strip, line and point surcharge loading.
- Incorporates dead and live loads with eccentricity at the top of the wall as well as lateral wind load on the exposed surface of the wall.
- Incorporates seismic earth pressure either directly from geotechnical report or by Mononobe-Okabe method.
- Simple and intuitive interface with dynamic graphics for ease of input.
- Includes a “Quick Results” sidebar for ease of design.
- Produces detailed design report showing project parameters, loading, and design calculations and results.
- Keeps users current with the latest version of the program through subscription based license.
RTWall comes with two different licensing options to cater to the different needs of its users. Please see the descriptions below of the two license schemes and purchase your license accordingly. In both schemes, the license remains valid for one year from the date of the purchase.
USB License Key: In this scheme, the license of RTWall is administered by a USB license key. For each license purchased, one USB license key will be shipped to the user. The license key will need to be attached to a USB port of your computer before running the program.
This option is useful for small offices as it makes it very easy to use the program on multiple computers just by transferring the USB license key from one computer to another. The program does not get “locked” to a single computer, and does not need to be deactivated/activated every time one wants to run the program on a different computer.
Online License: In this scheme, the license is administered online by our license server, and the computer running RTWall will need to be connected to the internet (offline use is also possible; please see below). When the program is opened, it will automatically connect to our license server and look for an available license associated with the user. If a license is available, the program is activated. Once the program is closed, it automatically returns the license, which can then be used by someone else in the office.
In this scheme, users also have the ability to check out an offline license for a maximum duration of 48 hours. The user will first need to be online to activate the program. Once activated, the user can check out an offline license, which will enable the user to run the program without an internet connection for the next 48 hours. The offline license can be returned at any time during or after the 48-hr period.
The online license option is useful when locating an available USB license key in the office is not easy. It is also more convenient provided an internet connection is available. With 48-hr offline license, this scheme also caters to those situations when users may need to use the program while on the road.
Download RTWall from the link below. If you have not purchased a license yet, you can use it for a trial for 30 days and experience all the features of the program.
After you have purchased the program, you can activate your license either online or by using a USB license key, which will be will be sent to you, depending on the type of license you purchased.
Software: Microsoft .NET Framework 4
Q1. I purchased a USB license of RTWall. Is there any way I can start using the program right after purchasing it while I am still waiting for my USB license key?
A1. Yes, RTWall comes with a 15-day license that you can activate right after purchasing it. You will receive a prompt when you launch the program for the first time. Just type in the Order ID and the Security Code that you received when you purchased the program in the space provided to activate this temporary license. You will need an Internet connection for activation as well as for running the program under this temporary license (Internet connection will not be required once you have received your USB license key).
|S. K. Ghosh Associates LLC