Part 1 - A Preview of Changes from ACI 318-14 to ACI 318-19
- Introduction of high-strength reinforcement (80- and 100-ksi yield strength)
- Introduction of reinforcement grade factor in equation for straight bar development length
- >New equation for hooked bar development length
- New and simpler one-way shear equations for nonprestressed members
- Updated two-way shear provisions for two-way slabs
- Newly added provisions for screw anchors and shear lugs
- Introduction of shotcrete provisions
- Deep foundation design provisions of IBC/ACE 7 imported into ACI 318
- Extensive and important revisions to Chapter 18, Earthquake-resistant structures
Dr. S. K. Ghosh is known internationally for his work in earthquake engineering. He has influenced seismic design provisions in the United States for many years by serving on or chairing numerous committees and advisory panels. He specializes in the analysis and design, including wind and earthquake resistant design, of reinforced and prestressed concrete structures. Dr. Ghosh is active on many national technical committees and is a fellow of ASCE, SEI, ACI, and PCI. He is a member of ACI Committee 318, Standard Building Code, and the ASCE 7 Standard Committee (Minimum Design Loads for Buildings and Other Structures). He is a former member of the Boards of Direction of the Building Seismic Safety Council (BSSC), the American Concrete Institute (ACI), and the Earthquake Engineering Research Institute (EERI). In addition to authoring many publications in the area of structural design, he has investigated and reported on structural performance in recent earthquakes.
|Description: Extra||DVD with PDF handout
Free standard shipping within U.S.
Instant Video with PDF handout
|Speakers||S. K. Ghosh, Ph.D.|